WRD: 5. LIFT IRRIGATION WORKS NOTES ON SCHEDULE OF RATES
1. All notes under General Notes on Schedule of Rates and Notes on Lead, Lift, Loading and un-loading Charges are applicable to Lift Irrigation Works also to the extent they are relevant.
2. Unless otherwise specified the basic rates are inclusive of all lifts.
3. Unless otherwise specified the basic rates are inclusive of standard finishing required for concrete surface.
4. The basic rates for concrete items include cleaning the top surface of previous lift and providing cement mortar layer before placing the concrete for next lift. The proportion of cement mortar shall be same as that of mortar portion in concrete.
5. Cement content specified for cement concrete works in the item description is based on theoritical design mix computations and is exclusive of wastage and requirement for any incidentals. The actual cement content may vary based on trial mix studies. A suitable Clause shall be included in tender for regulating payment for any upword or downword variation in cement content.
6. The quantities of materials including wastage, requirements for any incidentals etc., for working out additional lead charges shall be as per the statement of requirement of materials under this section.
7. The basic rates are exclusive of cost of site clearance and river / nala diversion works such as coffer dams, bunds, diversion channels etc. Separate item rate or lump-sum provisions, wherever required, may be included in the estimate for these works.
8. Rates for Electric sub-station items, Lighting inside and outside pump house, Earthing for pump house installation etc., are not included in the SR. Separate item rate or lump-sum provisions may be included in the estimate for these items.
9. Lead charges for steel / heavy machinery and parts, wherever applicable, shall be considered from nearest reputed supplier's / manufacturer's place.