WRD: 6. TUNNEL AND ALLIED WORKS
NOTES ON SCHEDULE OF RATES
1. All notes under General Notes on Schedule of Rates and Notes on Lead, Lift, Loading and un-loading charges are applicable to Tunnel and Allied Works also to the extent they are relevant.
2. The basic rates are inclusive additional costs for working inside tunnel by way of additional hidden cost on labour.
3. The basic rates are inclusive of scaling loose rock, removal of under-cuts, cleaning bed, lighting and ventilation inside tunnel .
4. Unless otherwise specified the basic rates are inclusive of all lifts.5. Unless otherwise specified the basic rates are inclusive of standard finishing required for concrete surface.
6. For excavation and concrete lining works of approach / exit channels the basic rates as provided under sections ' Canal and allied works ' and ' Canal cross drainage works" shall be adopted.
7. For intake structure, tunnel portals, retaining walls, pitching works etc., the rates as provided under ' Dam and allied works ' shall be adopted.
8. The lead charges, wherever applicable, for all materials under various items shall be considered only between quarry / source of supply and batching plant / fabrication site. Further conveyance of concrete / fabricated parts / other materials upto final placing site inside tunnel is included in the basic rates upto 1 km.
9. Cement content specified for cement concrete works in the item description is based on theoritical design mix computations and is exclusive of wastage and requirement for any incidentals. The actual cement content may vary based on trial mix studies. Suitable Clause shall be included in tender for regulating payment for any upword or downword variation in cement content.
10. The quantities of materials including wastage, requirements for any incidentals etc., for working out additional lead charges shall be as per the statement of requirement of materials under this section.