COMPOND WALLS & GATES
COMPOUND WALLS AND GATES
13.1 Detailed drawings of gates and boundary walls shall be submitted along with the application for development permission.
13.2 No cactus hedge shall be allowed along the boundaries of a plot in any portion of the development area.
13.3 A road side compound wall not exceeding 1.5 mts .in height from the crown of the road shall be permitted while on the other side along the boundary of the building unit, the maximum height of the compound wall shall be 1.8mts. only A compound gate shall not be constructed or permitted on the curvature of the compound wall at the junction of the roads.
Provided that in the case of building units having area of more than 2000 sq.mts. gate-pillar (hollow) to an extent of 1.44 sq.mts. internal area may be allowed up to the height of 2.4 Mts.
Provided further that in the case of plots at the junction of streets, no boundary wall below the fence grill(with at least 50% perforation) facing the streets shall be raised to the height more than 0.8 Mt. from the kerb for a length of 9 Mts. from the junction of the streets.
13.4 Except on the junction of the roads where heights shall be prescribed as per standard design of a compound wall approved by the competent Authority. In case of mills, Buildings of competent Authority, Municipality and Government, the Authority may allow the compound wall to be raised to a height not exceeding 3 Mts. from the crown of the road in front and on sides.
13.5 No partition wall shall be allowed anywhere in the margins of building unit.
Provided that a partition wall upto 1.5 Mts. height shall be permitted on common boundary of semi-detached building and marginal distances between two structures.
13.6 The plots of active burial-grounds and crematorium abutting on the main road in residential locality shall be provided by the owners with a compound-wall having a height not less than 1.5 Mts. from the crown of the road in front.
13.7 No gates of compound wall shall open outward and shall be provided with a contrivance which shall prevent the gate from opening outward on the foot-path or road.
13.8 The entry or exit to the plot situated on the junction of the roads having a width of 12 meters or more shall be located at least 15 meters away from the corner point of the plot on such junctions.
If the length of a side in such a plot is less than what is prescribed above, such entry or exit shall be provided at the farthest end of the plot from the junction
DISTANCE FROM WATER COURSE
No development whatsoever, whether by filling or otherwise shall be carried out within 30 Mts. from the boundary of the bank of the river where there is no river embankment and within 15 Mts. or such distance as may be prescribed under any other general or specific orders of Government and appropriate Authority whichever is more, from river where there is river embankment but in case of kans, nala, canal, talav, lake ,water-bodies etc. it shall be 9.00 mts.
Provided that where a water course passes through a low lying land without any well defined bank, the applicant may be permitted by the competent Authority to restrict or direct the water courses to an alignment and cross section determined by the competent Authority.
DEVELOPMENT OF LOW COST HOUSING
These regulations shall be applicable to development of schemes for socially and economically backward class of people for economically weaker section of the society and for low cost housing only undertaken by public agencies, co-operative societies Government or Semi Government bodies, Registered Developers.
The type of development for housing for socially and economically backward class of people and for low cost housing, block development as group housing.
(i) The maximum permissible density in Dwelling shall be 225 dwelling per hector .
(ii) The minimum and the maximum plot size shall be between 18 sq.mts. and 40. sq.mts. respectively with built up area not exceeding 70% of the plot area leaving front as well as rear margin of 1.5 mts.
(iii) The minimum frontage of plot shall be 3.0 mts. in width.
(iv) At every 20 such continuos plots 2.0 mts. wide space open to sky shall be provided.
(v) The maximum numbers of stories in a building construction on the plot shall be ground plus one upper storey only.
(vi) Common plot at the rate of 10% percent of the area of the plot / land developed shall be provided for open space / community open space which shall be exclusive of approach roads , path ways, or margins .
15.2GENERAL BUILDING REQUIREMENTS :
(1) The minimum height of the plinth shall be 30 cms. from the top surface of approach road or path way.
(2) The maximum floor space index permissible shall be 1.8.
(3) (a) The size of living room , bed room shall not be less than 8 sq.mts. with minimum width of2.4 mts.
(b)(i) Size of independent Bath-room and w.c shall be 0.9 sq.mts. with minimum width of 0.9 mts. each.
(ii) Size of combined bath room and w.c. shall be 1.8 sq.mts. with minimum width of 1 mts.
(4)(i) The minimum height of room shall be as under:- Living room : 2.4 mts.
Kitchen room : 2.4 mts.
Bath /w.c : 2.1 mts.
Corridor : 2.1 mts.
(ii) In case of the slopping roof the average height of the roof shall be 2.1 mts. and the minimum height of the eaves shall be 2.4 mts.
(iii) The minimum slopes of the slopping roof ,shall be 300 for G.I sheets , asbestos sheets or tiled roof while for R.C.C slopping roof , the minimum slop shall be 120.
(5)The opening through windows , ventilators and other opening for light and ventilation shall be as under:
(i) One tenth of the room floor area.
(ii) For w.c and bath not less than 0.2 sq.mts.
The width of stair case shall be 0.75 mts. minimum . the maximum height of the riser shall be 20. cms. The minimum width of the tread shall be 22.5 cms. The minimum clear head roof of the stair case shall be 2.10 mts.
(iii)There shall be one staircase for every 12 (twelve)dwelling units or part thereof.
15.3ROADS AND PATH WAYS :
(i) The area under the roads and pathways in such housing project shall normally not exceed 20 percent of the total area of the project.
(ii) Access to the dwelling units where motorised vehicles are not normally expected shall be by means of paved foot paths with right of way of 6 mts. and pathways of 2 mts. only . The right of way shall be adequate to allow for plying of emergency vehicles and also for side drains and plantation.
(iii) Where motorable access ways are not provided and pedestrian path ways are provided the minimum width of such path way shall be 4.0 mts. which shall not exceed 50 mts. in length.
15.4 MINIMUM REQUIRED: ACCOMMODATION
(i) The minimum accommodation provided in every dwelling unit shall be one living room and a
w.c. where there is a drainage system , the agency developing the area shall install and maintain the internal drainage system. where there is no drainage system the individual soak-pit shall be provided as per provision of National Building Code.
(ii) The loft if provided in the room shall not cover more than 30 % of the floor area of the room.
15.5STRUCTURAL REQUIREMENTS :
(i) Load bearing walls of the building shall be of Brick stone or pre cast block in any mortar. in the case of R.C.C framed structure or wooden framed structure filler walls may be of suitable local materials.
(ii) Roof of the building shall be of galvanized iron sheets, asbestos sheet , tiles roof or R.C.C. roof .in the case of upper storied buildings middle floor shall be of wooden or R.C.C. and rest as per choice.
(iii) Doors and windows of building shall be of any material.
(iii)Rest of the work of building shall be as per locally available resources and as per choice.
(iv)For structural safety and services Regulations 18.4 and 18.5 (1) shall be applicable.”
PROVISIONS FOR SPECIAL DEVELOPMENTS
16.1 REGULATIONS FOR GANDHI ASHRAM: COMPREHENSIVE AREA IMPROVEMENT SCHEME (GACAIS):
1)Conservation Of Building Having Historic, Architectural & Archeological Significance.
a)The buildings in this area owned by Trusts Related to Gandhi Ashram Activities (TRGA) area to be conserved, retained and maintained in the original state.
b)The buildings above if proposed for renewal or reconstruction by new building it shall be reviewed by the Competent Authority.
The slums existing within these area needs to be rehebilited on available Govt/ Municipal or trust land within these area in due course of time for which M.G.F. Trust and TRGA shall help AMC.
3)Special Control Regulations:
A) For area except in (B) shall be considered as residential zone.
B) For the building units/ plot abutting in Ashram Road from Wadaj Circle to Subhas Circle owned by Govt, TRGA and AMC within GACAIS following control regulations shall be applicable.
i)Only residential and institutional uses like educational, cultural, social health, etc public purposes, tourist support facilities like hotel restaurant art gallary etc, handy craft, sale shops / show rooms and any competitive activity which may be permitted by Competent Authority.
ii)Height of the building Maximum permissible height of building shall be 10 mts.
iii)The colour of external exterior portion of the building shall be aesthetically match with the ambiance of Gandhi Ashram Only white light sheds shall be permitted with permission of Competent Authority.
iv)Every property in these area in the open spacce shall plant at least one tree and maintain the same.
v)Minimum margin of 6 mts on the Ashram road side margin shall be kept in the plot abutting Ashram road.
vi)Control on Traffic:
On opening of 132ft wide road from wadaj to 132ft wide ring road the heavy vehicular traffice shall be diverted from this part of Ashram Road to 132ft wide road from the same road and only light vehicular traffice and tourist traffic shall be permitted.
16.2 REGULATION FOR EXISTING SLUM REDEVELOPMENT REHABILITATION SCHEMES ON SELF FINANCING BASIS:
16.2.1 DEFINITION OF SLUM :
Slum means an Area which contains sheds, Huts constructed Principally of wood, mud, leaves, grass, cloth or thatch and includes any temporary structures of whatever size and any small building of whatever material made, intended primarily for human habitation.
16.2.2 REDEVELOPMENT/ REHABILITATION OF EXISTING SLUM :
These regulations shall apply to all building unit/lands/plots or part/ portion of building units/lands/plots on which slums are existing as per the 1991 census as the case may be and/or plots being processed for slum upgradation, redevelopment, rehabilitation.
(1) Redevelopment of building units/ lands/plots on which slums are existing as per the 1991 census shall be permitted for the rehabilitation of the slum dwellers through the owner of such land or their authorised agents/developers as approved by the Competent Authority by permitting redevelopment for slum dwellers.
(2) All eligible slum dwellers residing on the building unit/land/plot to be redeveloped shall have to be accommodated on the same plot.
(3) DP/TP Roads abutting such building unit/plots may also be cleared of existing slums by owners of such land by providing them accommodation in the scheme.
(4) In any such scheme, area of existing commercial user shall be permitted.
(5) The names of all eligible slum dwellers shall be duly certified by the competent authority.
(6) Each hutment dweller personally (or his legal heir) residing as per record in 1991 census shall get the benefit or rehabilitation.
(7) The owners/authorised developer shall organize all the eligible hutment dwellers into a Registered Co-Op Housing Society/or an Registered Association.
(8) The owners/authorised developers shall grant a unit of minimum built-up area of 20 Sq. Mts. subject to minimum 14.00 sq. mts. carpet area only in Low-Rise Buildings to each of the eligible slum dweller.
(9) The 14.00 sq. mts. carpet area of the dwelling unit shall includes a multipurpose room cooking space, and a w.c., but shall not include common areas, such as stairs passages etc. The rehabilitation unit shall be completed with water supply, drainage and electricity.
(10)The permissible F.S.I. for the remaining plot shall be on the basis of Gross Building unit/ Plot/land area with addition F.S.I. of 0.50 of the F.S.I. consumed for eligible slum dwellers.
(11)Allotment and administration by lot system of new unit to all eligible slum dwellers, beneficiaries shall be done by the owner/developer/authorised agent.
(12) if in case it is necessary to shift some or all hutment dwellers to necessitate the new construction, transit accommodation facility shall be offered by the owners/authorised developer at his cost and the occupants shall have the vacate the slums and shall have move to the transit accommodation.
(13) The owners/ authorised developers shall prepare a subdivision-layout plan for the entire land occupied by the hutment dwellers, distinctly showing on the plan accommodation/building for eligible hutment/slum dwellers and accommodation/ buildings for commercial sale and submit plans and other documents as may necessary to enable the competent authority to approve the subdivision plans and building plans for both.
(14) The owners/authorised developers shall transfer the absolute ownership rights free from all encumbrance of proposed construction of rehabilitation until including their absolute rights in the part of land set apart for the rehabilitation to a registered Co-Op-Housing Society/Association of Slum, Hutment dwellers without any consideration. The owner/authorised developer shall have absolute rights of ownership of balance land and shall be entitled to develop such balance land.
(15) Possession and ownership of newly constructed unit for slum dweller under rehabilitation, rehabilitation scheme shall be given only, after the hutment dweller has relinquished all the rights in original hut and the land bellow it, as well as has peacefully handed over the possession of transit facility and paid all the dues. Each hutment dweller shall thus become virtual owner of his allotted dwelling unit through his membership of Co.-Op. Society/Association.
(16) The allottee who has been given the rehabilitation unit shall not alienate the unit or transferit to anybody else (except the legal heirs) for a period of ten years from the date of taking over possession without prior permission of competent authority.
(17) The Co-Op housing Society/Association of the hutment dwellers at their cost shall manage and maintain the common facilities and amenities provided within the area transferred to the society/association and also shall be responsible for maintaining common amenity and services and also pay the Govt. and Municipal Taxes, applicable from time to time.
(18) The possession of the dwelling units in remaining Building unit land shall be permitted only after the completion and handing over the possession of rehabilitation dwelling units to all eligible slum dwellers.
(19) The above regulations shall be subject to all other regulations of the GDCR and development plan and in case of any conflict between the above regulations and that of the GDCR and/or the Development Plan, the latter shall prevail.
(20) In case of slum rehabilitation project, eligible slum dwellers agree upon to rehabilitate in other building unit/ land, the complete project shall have to be approved by the Variance Committee.
16.3 DEVELOPMENT IN PLOTS RESERVED FOR PARKING,MULTIPURPOSE(M.P),TRANSPORT NODE(T.N.) & REDEVELOPMENT (R.D.) IN AMC DEVELOPMENT PLAN OF 1965 & 1987 (1983 OF A.M.C.)
MULTIPURPOSE USE: Means use related to health, education, communication, safety, social and cultural, recreational, public utility and services, along with their additional and related activities, allied activities like housing, commercial and service activities including institutional uses.
TRANSPORT NODE: Transport Nodes shall include transport and allied activities as predominant activities where as residential, commercial and other allied activities
needed for the transport activities shall be permissible in the quantum as may be decided by the Competent Authority.
16.4 GROUP HOUSING
Residential cluster type development shall be permitted with following conditions:-
(i) Minimum size of the building unit shall be 4000 sq.mts.
(ii)Minimum size of the dwelling unit shall be 50.00 sq.mts
(iii)Maximum permissible height shall be 10.00 mts.
(iv)Hollow plinth shall not be permitted.
(v) Margin from the public road shall be as per regulation No. 12.4.1 of this regulation. The distance between two clusters shall be 4.5 mts. and between clusters to building unit boundary shall be 3.0 mts.
(vi)The approach roads shall be regulated as per regulation No. 10.4 of this regulation.
(vii)Minimum area of common plot plus central court Yard shall be provided at the rate of 10% of the plot area out of which minimum 2.5% of the plot area shall be provided as common plot and the minimum size of the common plot shall be 300 sq.mts.
(viiiThe central court Yard shall be of minimum 120 sq.mts. with smaller side shall not be less than 10.00 mts.
(ix)Access to the central court Yard from the approach road shall be of 2.5 mts. in width and shall not exceed 15.00 mts. in length. Shutters of window or door shall not be
permitted to open in this access at ground floor.
16.5SABARMATI RIVER FRONT DEVELOPEMNT SCHEME:
Regulations for the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Area, the Competent Authority on the recommendation of the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation Ltd. (SRFDCL) will prepare special regulations pertaining to ground coverage, margins, height of building, use of building etc. to regulate the development in the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Area. These regulations prepared for the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Area will prevail over the General Development Control Regulations.