6.1 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
The building unit intended to be developed shall be in conformity with Regulation No. 4.2.2. Generally all development work for which permission is required shall be subject to inspection by the Competent Authority.
a) The applicant shall permit authorised officers of the concerned Competent Authority to enter the plot for which the development permission has been sought granted for carrying out development ,at any reasonable time for the purpose of enforcing these regulations.
b) The applicant shall keep during carrying out of development, a copy of the approved plans on the premises where the development is permitted to be carried out.
c) The applicant shall keep a board at site of development mentioning the survey No, city survey No, Block No, Final Plot No., Sub plot No., etc. name of owner and name of Architect, Engineer , Developer ,Structural Designer,Clerk of the Works.
6.2 PROCEDURE DURING CONSTRUCTION
(a) Recognised stages for progress certificate and checking:-
1) Following shall be the recognised stages in the erection of every building or the execution of every work:-
i) Plinth, in case of basement before the casting of basement slab.
ii) First storey.
iii) Middle storey in case of High-rise building.
iv) Last storey.
2) “At each of the above stages, the owner / developer under these Development Control Regulations shall submit to the competent designated officer of the Competent Authority a progress certificate in the given formats [Form Nos. 6(a) – 6(d)]. This progress certificate shall be signed by the architect Structural Designer and supervising engineer.
3) No person in-charge at any stage shall, except with previous written permission of the Competent Authority, carry out further work after the issue of any requisition of these Development Control Regulations in respect of the any previous stage unless the requisition has been duly complied with and the fact reported to the Competent Authority.
4) The progress certificate shall not be necessary in the following cases:
i) Alteration in Building not involving the structural part of the building.
ii) Extension of existing residential building on the ground floor up to maximum 15 sq.mts. in area.
(b) “On receipt of the progress certificate from the owner/developer, it shall be the duty of the Competent Authority, if found necessary, to check any deviation from the approved plan and convey decision within 7 days to the owner/developer accordingly for compliance.
(c) Completion Report:
1) It shall be incumbent on every person whose plans have been approved, to submit a completion report in Form No.7.
2) It shall also be incumbent on every person who is engaged under this Development Control Regulations to supervise the erection or re-erection of the building, to submit the completion report in form No.8 prescribed under these Development Control Regulations.
3) No completion report shall be accepted unless completion plan is approved by the Competent Authority.
(d) The final inspection of the work shall be made by the concerned Competent Authority within 21 days from the date of receipt of notice of completion report.
6.3 OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATE
The applicant shall obtain occupancy certificate from the Competent Authority prior to any occupancy or use of development so completed.
6.4 ILLEGAL OCCUPATION OF BUILDING
(a) Notwithstanding the provision of any other law to the contrary the competent Authority may by written notice, order any building or any portion thereof to be vacated forthwith or within the time specified in such notice:-
(i) if such building or portion thereof has been unlawfully occupied in contravention of these regulation.
(ii) if a notice has been issued in respect of such building or part thereof requiring the alteration or reconstruction of any works specified in such notice have not been commenced or completed.
(iii) if the building or part thereof is in a ruinous ordangerous condition, which are likely to fall and cause damage to any person occupying, restoring to or passing by such building/structures or any other structure or place in the neighbourhood thereof.
(b)The reasons for requiring such building, or portion thereof to be vacated should be clearly specified in every such notice.
(c) The affixing of such written notice on any part of such premises shall be deemed a sufficient intimation to the occupiers of such building or portion thereof.
(d) On the issue of such notice, every person in occupation of the building or portion thereof to which the notice relates shall vacate the building or portion as directed in the notice and no person shall so long as the notice is withdrawn, enter the building or portion thereof, except for the purpose of carrying out any work of reinstatement which he may lawfully permitted to carry out.
(e)The Competent Authority may direct that any person who acts in contravention of above provision or who obstructs him in any action taken under these regulations shall be removed from such building or part thereof by any police officer, and may also use such force as is reasonably necessary to effect entry in the said premises.
(f)The cost of any measures taken under this provision shall be recovered from the owners/occupants.
6.5 ILLEGAL DEVELOPMENT
(1) If the Competent Authority is certified that the erection of any building or the execution of any such work has been unlawfully commenced or is being unlawfully carried on upon any premises he may, by written notice, require the person directing or carrying on such erection or execution to stop the same forthwith.
(2) If such erection or execution is not stopped forthwith, the Competent Authority may direct that any person directing or carrying on such erection or execution shall be removed from such premises by any police officer and may cause such steps to be taken as may consider necessary to prevent the re-entry of such person on the premises without permission.
(3) The cost of any measures taken under sub-section(2) shall be paid by the said person.
6.6DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT PERMISSION
(1)If any work or thing requiring the written permission of the Competent Authority under any provision of this Act or any rule, regulation is done by any person without obtaining such written permission, is subsequently suspended or revoked for any reason by the Competent Authority, such work or thing shall be deemed to be unauthorised and, subject to any other provision of this Act, the Competent Authority may at any time, by written notice, require that the same shall be removed, pulled down or undone, as the case may be, by the person so carrying out or doing. If the person carrying out such work or doing such thing is not the owner at the time of giving such notice shall be liable for carrying out the requisitions of the Competent Authority.
(2)If within the period specified in such written notice the requisitions contained there are not carried out by the person or owner, as the case may be the Competent Authority may remove or alter such work or undo such thing and the expenses there of shall be paid by such person or owner as the case may be.