7.1 APPLICATION FOR OCCUPANCY
The Competent Authority shall within twenty one days from the date of receipt of the completion report required under Regulation 6.2(c) communicate its decision after necessary inspection about grant of occupancy certificate indicated in Regulation No.6.2(d).
The Concerned Authority issuing occupancy certificate before doing so shall consult concerned designated Authority to inspect the building and issue a certificate that necessary requirements for the fire protection under these regulations as per regulation No.18.2 have been fulfilled and if not so, the applicant shall be asked to carry out necessary additions, alterations or rectification to the satisfaction of the designated Authority before issuing occupancy certificate.
7.2 ISSUE OF OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATE
The Authority issuing occupancy certificate before doing so shall ensure that
(i) The trees as per the regulation No.31 are planted on site or ensure this by taking suitable deposits as decided from time to time for specific period by the Competent Authority.
(ii) Parking space is properly paved & the lay-out of parking space is provided as per the approved plans. Sign- boards indicating the entrance, exit and location of parking spaces for different types of vehicles shall be permanently erected and maintained at the prominent place in every building unit.
(iii)Certificate of lift Inspector (Government of Gujarat) has been procured & submitted by the owner, regarding satisfactory erection of Lift.
(iv)Proper arrangements are made for regular maintenance of lift as provided in NBC and in these regulations
(v) The Certificate of Competent Authority and or fire department for completion and or fire requirements as provided in these regulations has been procured and submitted by the owner.
(vi) Proper arrangements are made for regular maintenance of fire protection services as provided in NBC and in these regulations
(vii)There shall be a percolating well in a building unit having area more than 1500 sq. mts.
(viii) If any project consists of more than on detached or semidetached building/buildings in a building unit and any building/buildings there of is completed as per provisions of G.D.C.R.. (Such as Parking, Common Plots, Internal Roads, Height of the Building, Infrastructure facilities, lift and fire safety measures), the competent authority may issue completion certificate for such one detached or semidetached building/buildings in a building unit..
The occupancy certificate shall not be issued unless the information is supplied by the owner and the Engineer/ Architect concerned in the schedule as prescribed by the Competent Authority from time to time
DEVELOPMENT UNDERTAKEN ON BEHALF OF GOVERNMENT
As per the provisions of Section 39 of the Act and Rule 15 of the Rules, the Office-in-Charge of a Government Dept. shall inform in writing to the Authority of the intention to carry out development for its purpose along with such development or construction.
1) An official letter of Government Department addressed to the Authority or as the case may be to the authorised officer giving full particulars of the development work or any operational construction.
2) Building plan confirming to the provisions of Development Control Regulations and Development Plan for the proposed development work to a scale of not less than 1 : 100.
3) Plans confirming to the provisions of Development plan showing complete details of the operational construction as defined under Clause (xvii) of Section 2 of the Act such as detailed alignment, layouts, locations and such other matters with measurements.
4) Statement indicating the use of land confirming to the permissible land use zone, proposed to be made by the Government Depth. for carrying out the development work.
5) The proposals of the Development Plan or Town Planning Scheme affecting the land.
6) A Site Plan (of required copies) of the area proposed to be developed to a scale of not less than 1: 500.
7) Detailed plan (of required copies) showing the plans, sections and elevations of the proposed development work to a scale of 1: 100.
8) In case of layout of land or plot:
i) A site plan (of required copies) drawn to a scale of 1:500 showing the surrounding land and existing access to the land included in the layout.
ii) A layout plan (of required copies) drawn to a scale of not less than 1 : 500 showing sub- divisions of the land or plot with dimensions and area of each of the proposed sub-divisions and their use. Provided that in the case of works proposed to be undertaken by the local military Authority of the Defence Ministry, the provisions of clause (2) and (3) shall not
apply and such Authority shall be required to submit the layout plans .