SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR OCCUPANCY/LAND DEVELOPMENT AND OTHER
7.1 Industrial Buildings (Factories, Workshops, etc.)
1. The relevant provisions contained in the Factory Act. 1948 shall apply for the construction of factory buildings. The minimum internal height of workrooms shall not be less than 4.5 m. measured from the floor level to the lowest point in the ceiling provided that this bye-law shall not apply to room intended for storage, godowns and the like purposes but only in rooms occupied by workers for purposes of manufacture. In case of small factories, employing less than 50 workers for purposes of manufacturing and carrying on a class of manufacturing covered under the flatted factories and service industries, as given in the Master Plan/Development Plan, the Authority may allow minimum height upto 3.66 m.
2. Parking space provisions as provide in development code of Master Plan/Development Plan.
3. Requirements of water supply, drainage and sanitary installation shall be as per Table 4.2, 4.3 and 4.17 of Chapter-4, but in no case less than 1 W.C. and one urinal shall be permitted.
4. a) Notwithstanding the provision of exits requirements as per Bye-law No. 11.8 ( Chapter-11) each working room shall be provided with adequate number of exits not less than two in number.
b) No exit shall be less than 1.2 m. in width and 2.1 m. in height and doors of such exit shall be so arranged that it can be opened easily from inside.
c) No staircase, lobby corridors or passage shall be less than 1.2 m. in width. In addition to the requirement in this part, provisions contained in chapter-3 will be followed.
5. There shall be provided at all time for each person employed in any room of factory at least 3.5 sq m. of floor space exclusive to that occupied by the machinery and a breathing space of at least 15 cum. (Further the provision of part VIII section 1 lighting and ventilation of National Building code of India shall be followed).
6. The effluent from industries (industrial and biological in nature) shall be treated and shall be of quality to the satisfaction of the concerned local bodies before letting out the same into a watercourse or municipal drain.
7.2 Educational Building (School/Colleges)
1. No basement or cellar room shall be designed, constructed, altered, converted or used for the purpose of study or instruction.
2. Every such building, exceeding two storeys in height shall be constructed of fire resisting material throughout.
3. The minimum size of a cellar room, study room or room used for purposes of instruction shall be 5.5 m. x 4.5 m. and no part of such room shall be distant more than 7.5 m. from an external wall abutting on the requisite open space. Every such room shall have minimum ventilation to the extent of 1/5th of its floor area.
4. A minimum of 1.0 sq m. of net floor space per student shall be provided. A central hall will not be counted in the accommodation, nor will a class room for cookery, laundry, manual instruction, drawing or science. The number of students in such building shall be calculated on this basis for the purpose of this clause.
5. Every assembly room, gymnasium shall have a clear height of 3.6 m. except under a girder which may project 0.6 m. below the required ceiling height. A clear internal height under balcony or a girder shall not be less than 3.0 m. A minimum room height for classroom in all schools and other institutions shall not be less than 3.0 m. The minimum head room under beams shall be 2.75 m.
6. Exit requirements shall conform to bye-law 4.2 (Chapter-4). No door shall be less than 1.2 m. in width and 2.20 m. in height.
7. Requirement of water supply, drainage and sanitary installation shall conform to Table 4.2, 4.3 and 4.7 of Chapter-4.
8. A playground shall be provided as per norms.
7.3 Assembly Building (Cinema, Theaters, etc.)
1. The relevant provisions of the Cinematographic Rules/Acts of the particular States and IS: 4878 code for construction of Cinema Building shall apply for planning, design and construction of Cinema Building.
2. Parking spaces wherever not specifically given shall conform to clause 3.3, Table 3.1 in Chapter 3).
3. Requirements of water supply, drainage and sanitation shall conform to provisions of Table 4.6, 4.7, 4.18 and 4.19 of Chapter 4.
4. Buildings for religious worship shall not be erected on a site, which has not been previously approved by the Authority.
7.4 Petrol filling station
The location of the petrol filling stations and its layout shall be approved by the Authority in consultation with the Commissioner of the Division depending upon width of roads and traffic generated location with respect of points of intersections and nearness to occupancies of educational, assembly, storage and hazardous uses.
7.5 Burial and cremation grounds
The Authority shall under the provisions of their Regulations/Acts, regulate the location and area limits of the burial and cremation grounds, including cemetery. The Authority shall permit/prohibit burial and cremation grounds to be located in certain area layouts, after scrutiny of the proposal with respect to health and well being surrounding neighbourhood and shall follow the selection criteria given below:
a) The proposed development in terms of land use has to be compatible with the ground;
b) Compatible landuses have to be planned with regards to prevailing wind direction and beyond the prescribed buffer zone as given in section 4.23.5.The likely direction of drift in the event of odour has to be accounted while planning the layout;
c) Adequate land area is to be provided to house furnaces, and for internment of cremated remains;
d) The site has to have proper accessibility by the local road network.
7.5.1 Buffer Zones
The location of such cremation grounds have to provide for buffer zones from the surrounding landuse to account for environmental impact of the operation:
i. A buffer zone of the order of 200 mts (depending on the nature of prevailing winds and the natural topography of the site) between the emission stack and neighbouring residential zone shall be considered.
ii. In any case any buffer zone shall not be less than 100 mts.
7.6 Building in mining area
Building in mining area shall not be constructed to a height more than one storey without the special prior approval of the Authority.
7.7 Poultry farms (wherever allowed as per Master Plan)
7.7.1 The coverage for poultry farms shall be as allowed in case of farmhouses.
The setback for farm building from the right of way shall be as under:
Table 7.1 Setback for farm building
|National Highway (90 m )
|Provincial Highway (60 m.)
|Major Urban Road (30 m.)
|Village Road (18 m.)
7.7.3 Space Planning
a) There should be a minimum distance of 6.0 mt. between sheds in the farm.
b) The minimum distance of any farm building from the property line should be 4.5 m.
c) The minimum distance of any farm shed or farm building from the dwelling unit should be 7.5m.
7.7.4 Farm Shed
a) Shed should be constructed on pillars with walls on two longer sides not higher than 1.2 mt.
b) The remaining height of the farm sheds in respect of two longer sidewalls can be covered with netting or other similar material.
c) The maximum height of the roof of the farm shed shall not exceed 6.0 m.
7.7.5 Dwelling Units as a Farm House
a) The following norms shall be adopted for construction of dwellings in farmhouses: The maximum coverage for the dwelling unit shall be as per the provision of the Master Plan / Zonal Plan.
b) The distance of parts of dwelling units from shed shall be as in Building Bye-Laws 7.7.3
c) The requirements of parts of dwelling shall be as in Building Bye-Laws 4.2 in Chapter-4.
d) Any other special requirements as specified by the Authority.
7.8 Special buildings not covered
In case of special buildings not covered above, norms will be followed as decided by the Authority.
7.9 Provisions in the public buildings for handicapped persons
The building to be designed for Handicapped persons need special treatment and the provisions for site planning, building requirements etc. are given in Appendix- ‘G’.
7.10 Resettlement and Slum insitu upgradation
Regulations pertaining to resettlement and Slum In-situ upgradation are provided for in Appendix-‘H’.
7.11 Rules for development of land
7.11.1 The provisions of Master Plan/Development Plan and norms formulated by Authority shall apply regarding sub-division of a large parcel of land into plots, open areas, roads, spaces for services and community facilities.
7.11.2 Regulations for Low Income Housing. The norms specified for Low-income housing as per NBC, 2005
7.12 Penal action for violation of Master Plan/Zonal plan regulation/bye- laws
7.12.1 The Authority under the provisions of their respective Acts shall take action for violation of Master Plan/Zonal Plan/regulations. The Authority may take penal action under respective Acts, which may include stopping of construction activity, demolition/ alteration and levying of penalties as given in Appendix-‘F’.
7.12.2 The Authority may also take action as provided under Building Bye-Laws 2.14.6 in Chapter-2.
7.12.3 In addition, action for discontinuance of services in building may also be taken.
7.13 Signs and outdoor display structures
No advertising signs (including hoarding) on buildings or on land shall be displayed without the prior approval of the Authority. The standards specified in part X Signs and outdoor display structures of National Building Code of India published by Indian Standards Institution shall be applicable